Craving some yogurt but aren’t sure if an AIP compliant brand even exists? Or, most importantly, tastes good??
Look no further!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if it wasn’t for convenient products like this I simply would not be successful on AIP. Maybe that makes me lazy… or maybe that simply means I’m aware of my weaknesses. Either way, COYO Coconut Yogurt to the rescue. 😉
Today, I’ll be reviewing the natural variety.
About this yogurt…
- This product is AIP Friendly, Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo Certified, Preservative Free, Gum Free, Soy Free, Has No Added Sugar, Contains Live Cultures, is Non GMO and Kosher.
- Ingredients: Coconut Cream (coconut extract, water), Tapioca, Pectin and Probiotic Cultures; B. bifidum, B. lactis, L. acidophilus, L. casei, L. delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, L. rhamnosus, Streptococcus thermophilus.
After peeling off the seal, it’s readily noticeable how thick and creamy this yogurt is. Wow! After a few good stirs with a spoon, the whole container is silky smooth and ready to go. ♥
So how does it taste?
First of all, if the standard for yogurt is Yoplait, Chobani or any other S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) brand, this is going to be a shock to the taste buds but don’t let that be a turn off. Give it an honest try.
The coconut flavor is there but it is minimal. There’s an immediate sour taste (one could also describe it as tangy), very similar to sour cream, however, it’s not overwhelming. After that, the classic yogurt taste presents and it’s ohhhh so good. The texture is smooth and very similar to normal Greek style yogurt.
The smell is faint but exactly like it tastes: coconutty and yogurty. 😀
So how do I use this yogurt?
COYO Coconut Yogurt has been a staple ingredient in my smoothies for weeks because of the creamy texture it adds. Absolutely delicious! I’ve also been known to dollop a bit on this AIP Burrito Bowl, add some to this AIP Parfait and use it as a sauce base. Due to the unflavored nature of this yogurt, it is incredibly adaptable to both sweet and savory flavors – like a chameleon!
Hopefully this gets you excited about a new AIP product to try. If needed, there is a store locator here. I purchase mine at Natural Grocers for just over $4 per 12 ounce container. Enjoy!
This is not a paid review. I did not receive free products or money in exchange for my opinions. All opinions are 100% my own. If you have any suggestions of products you would like reviewed, use my contact form here.
Latest posts by Jordan (see all)
- AIP Pico de Gallo (SIMPLE to Make and Nightshade-Free!) - July 13, 2019
- 5 Ways I Practice Self-Care That Aren’t Food Related - July 12, 2019
- Love Snacks? Check Out My Under $10 AIP Snack Haul - June 14, 2019