Calling anyone needing a party finger food or appetizer idea: AIP Zucchini & Tuna Rolls!
Whether it’s a potluck, Christmas gathering, New Years party or Super Bowl event, these Zucchini Tuna Rolls are made to share. Bonus: they’re super simple to make, contain affordable ingredients, and are keto-diet friendly.
Things to know about this Zucchini & Tuna Roll recipe…
- Use a mini cupcake pan during the assembly process to hold the rolls together. So easy!
- Store in the fridge but plan on serving them within 24 hours of assembly.
- Don’t store these on the same platter you plan on serving them with. Zucchini is mostly water so they will “leak”. Instead, store them in the cupcake pan then transfer them to a serving platter when it’s time! That way the serving platter won’t become soggy.
- There’s no need to be super meticulous about designing and rolling these. Toss in bits of carrot, onion and cilantro randomly! Once everything is rolled up, it almost always looks beautiful and ready for presentation.
- Experiment with various veggies and herbs! For this recipe, I used carrots (shredded with this Julienne Peeler), red onion and cilantro but you could also use radishes, celery, asparagus, avocado, parsley, dill and more.
- Use either Coyo Natural Yogurt (AIP) or Primal Kitchen Mayo (PALEO) for the tuna filling – both are delicious but please note, the mayo is not compliant during the elimination phase of the Autoimmune Protocol.*
Coyo Natural Yogurt Ingredients: Coconut Cream (coconut extract, water), Tapioca, Pectin and Probiotic Cultures; B. bifidum, B. lactis, L. acidophilus, L. casei, L. delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, L. rhamnosus, Streptococcus thermophilus. Click here to view the Coyo website for further information.
Primal Kitchen Mayo Ingredients:Avocado Oil, Organic Eggs, Organic Egg Yolks, Organic Vinegar, Sea Salt, Organic Rosemary Extract. Click here to view the Primal Kitchen website for further information (red = reintroduction)
Resource: How to Reintroduce Food on AIP: The Definitive Guide by Autoimmune Wellness
Let’s talk real quick about the nutritional side of this recipe: tuna is a fantastic source of protein, helps support great thyroid function, reduces inflammation, is high in omega-3 fatty acids, contains lots of antioxidants and reduces inflammation. ♥ Doesn’t it feel good to know all these things go on just by eating it?
It’s important, however, to select a quality tuna. My absolute favorite one is Wild Planet Albacore Tuna. You’ll notice a major difference in quality (vs. StarKist, Chicken of the Sea, etc.) as soon as you open the can. This flavor-packed tuna from Wild Planet is incredibly delicious! 😀
AIP Zucchini & Tuna Rolls
- 1 can Wild Planet Albacore Tuna
- 2 tbsp Coyo Natural Yogurt OR Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1/4 tsp Parsley dried
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 lg Carrot shredded
- 1 sm Red Onion shredded
- 1/2 c Cilantro Leaves fresh
- 2 med Zucchini sliced lengthwise
Combine all tuna filling ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
Prep all vegetable mix-in ingredients.
Peel each zucchini lengthwise to create strips.
Next is assembly! Simply smear some tuna filling onto a zucchini strip, fill with prepped vegetable mix-ins then roll it up.
Repeat until all tuna filling is used. Makes approximately 20 rolls.
COYO Natural Yogurt (AIP)
Primal Kitchen Mayo (Paleo)
Latest posts by Jordan (see all)
- Possible Autoimmune Reactions to Perfume (+ What I Use!) - December 29, 2019
- AIP Zucchini & Tuna Rolls: Perfect Finger Food, Appetizer! - December 23, 2019
- How to Appreciate & Savor Limited Food Freedom on AIP - November 1, 2019