*High Pitched Squeeeeeaaallllll*, do I have a delicious recipe for you today! 😀
But just to warn you, I’m including an unusually high quantity of pictures within this post for dramatic affect and also because this parfait is just that drool worthy. You’re welcome.
What you need to know about this recipe…
- I used frozen dragon fruit and mixed berries but this recipe is just as tasty with fresh ingredients! The only reason I didn’t use fresh fruit is because I worked 8 hours today and needed to get the recipe together and photographed before the sun went down (natural lighting is best). 😉
- This recipe works with any type of fruit! Got bananas? Use them! Apples? Use them! Avocados? USE. THEM!
- You will need full fat coconut milk for the whipped cream, not light. And yes, refrigerating the can a day in advance matters.
- OR you can take the easy route and use CoYo Yogurt!
- The tigernut butter drizzle adds the perfect finishing flavor. I’ll be doing a full review on the Original Tiger Butter mid February so look forward to that!
- If you don’t have a food dehydrator, use your oven! Simply set it to the lowest possible degree and bake until crunchy.
- I reeeeeeeeally hope you enjoy this as much as I do. I mean, it’s a PARFAIT. Not to be dramatic with all the capital letters and exclamation marks but this tastes so. extremely. GOOD!!!!
You could honestly just stop with this recipe after making the granola. It literally tastes like, crunches like and is sweet just like real. oat. granola. I am so not exaggerating this one single bit! JUST LIKE IT.
So I made a test batch over the weekend… and ate it all within a couple hours. What you see in the pics is batch number two! And I don’t foresee it lasting any longer than the first…. *crunching as I type*
Hope your scroll finger doesn’t get tired from all these pics!
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk or Cream (I used Savoy Coconut Cream)
2 tbsp Honey
1/2 C. Tigernuts, sliced
1 Tbsp. Tigernut Flour
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/8 Tsp. Himalayan Salt
1/2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
1/4 Tsp. Gelatin
Tigernut Butter or Coconut Butter
AIP Granola Parfait Instructions:
- Put a can of coconut cream in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. An hour before making the whipped cream, put the mixing bowl in the freezer. The goal is to have everything as cold as possible.
- To make the whipped cream, scoop out only the hardened coconut cream but not the juice. I recommend saving that for a smoothie some other time.
- Place the hardened coconut cream and the honey in the cold mixing bowl and mix on high with a handheld blender for 3-5 minutes. If the whipped cream seems a bit heavy, instead of fluffy, pour in a small amount of the left over juice (add about 1 tbsp at a time).
- After the coconut cream is nice and fluffy, store it in the fridge. Or if you’ve made the granola first, skip to the layering instructions below.
- Pulse the 1/2 c. of sliced tigernuts in a food processor until it resembles the size of quick oats. This only took a few times in mine. You don’t want the pieces to be too fine because this is what gives the granola the oat look and mouth feel.
- Once the sliced tigernuts are the size you like, transfer them over to a mixing bowl. Add the remaining granola ingredients, in no particular order, and mix well.
- Next, put the wet granola in a dehydrator for 6 hours on the highest setting.
- Layer the fruit, granola and whipped cream in any order you would like! Lastly, drizzle on some tigernut or coconut butter on top. (I added some extra coconut oil and a bit of water to my tigernut butter for it to drizzle the way I wanted it to.)
That’s it! Be sure to let me know if you make your own parfait! ♥
Hungry for more? “Like” my Facebook page! to catch the next amazing recipe post!
Products I used for this recipe:
Organic Gemini Sliced Tigernuts – cheaper than Amazon!
Latest posts by Jordan (see all)
- How to Appreciate & Savor Limited Food Freedom on AIP - November 1, 2019
- Amazon: Wild Planet Skipjack Tuna Just $2.43 per Can! - October 29, 2019
- ShopAIP: Buy Waffle Mix, Get Pizza Crust Mix FREE! - October 28, 2019