I’m writing up an abbreviated version of my Meal Plan + Prep post this week because I’m sick as a dog and would rather go back to bed. It seems I’ve finally caught that virus going around my daughter’s school that I work in.. Darn!!
Side note: I truly feel like if I wouldn’t have cheated on last week’s meal plan then I consequently wouldn’t be this sick. It’s highly possible that eating off plan foods has made my immune system even more susceptible. Live and learn. Are you sick and on the AIP diet? Check out this Cold & Flu Survivial Guide from Phoenix Helix.
If you are super new to AIP and need How-To tips on meal prepping, you might want to visit my original post. That article goes into detail on exactly how to do this. Going forward, I’ll assume folks know my basic meal plan + prep concepts so I’ll therefore only be discussing my latest meal plan as well as updates on how the week prior went for me. Typically, I have two recipes picked out for breakfast, two for lunch and two for dinner and will just alternate them all.
Again, if you need some help on how to start a meal plan and prepping, go here.
Updates on My AIP Meal Plan: 1/21/19 – 1/27/19…
- Everything was super YUM! Literally no complaints about the bacon recipes. ♥
- I could tell my body was off all week. My sleep hasn’t been quality ever since I feel off the wagon but sticking to it lately, paired with my detox tea, has helped my puffiness go down. Additionally, my moods have been menopausal level wacky lately (no offense to anyone actually going through menopause, my heart aches for you) so hopefully another 100% compliant week will calm me down. My husband made a comment about not being able to volunteer for something on Friday and I practically jumped down his throat. It was so bad and out of the blue that even I had a surprised look on my face lol
- My meals are going to be lighter on the meat and heavier on the veggies and healthy fats this go around. As much as I hate choking a ton of fresh veggies down (I could be a fruitarian), my digestion is needing them in order to get… things.. moving again. Constipation is a real problem with hypothyroidism. Drinking Smooth Move Tea helps but the senna makes my intestines cramp really bad if I let it steep too long and get too condensed.
My AIP Meal Plan: 1/28/19 – 2/3/19…
- Bacon & Eggs (Re-intro) (will be cooking lots of spinach into the scrambled eggs)
- Smoky Sweet Potato & Bacon Breakfast Bowl (minus the paprika and doubling the spinach)
- Hamburger Patties, Wrapped in Lettuce and Topped with Bacon, Carrot, Avocado and Sweet Onion Mayo *NO COCONUT*
- Honey Garlic Chicken Legs (coconut aminos instead of soy sauce) + BIG Side of Broccoli and Avocado
- Broccoli & Butternut Squash Soup
- Lemon Garlic Dump Chicken (will be using the crock pot method), Over Cauli Rice + Side of Sweet Potato
Hungry for more? “Like” my Facebook page! to catch the next Meal Plan + Prep post!
Happy meal prepping, fellow AIP-ers! ♥
Some of the products I used for this Meal Plan:
Pro Vegetable and Onion Chopper by Mueller
*I cannot recommend this tool enough!
AIP Sugar-Free Bacon
*Under the AIP cetagory.
Latest posts by Jordan (see all)
- Possible Autoimmune Reactions to Perfume (+ What I Use!) - December 29, 2019
- AIP Zucchini & Tuna Rolls: Perfect Finger Food, Appetizer! - December 23, 2019
- How to Appreciate & Savor Limited Food Freedom on AIP - November 1, 2019