Welcome to week two of my new meal plan + prep posts! Last week was wildly successful so I think it’s safe to say I’ll continue posting about my meals and what I do to remain AIP compliant. 😉 I sure hope it’s helpful for you!
Before I go any further, if you are super new to AIP and need How-To tips on meal prepping, visit my original post. That article goes into detail on exactly how to do this. Going forward, I’ll assume folks know my basic meal plan + prep concepts so I’ll just be discussing my latest meal plan and some updates on how the week prior went for me.
Again, if you need some help on how to start a meal plan and prepping, go here.
Updates on Habit Tracker: 1/7/19 – 1/13/19…
Updates on Meal Plan: 1/7/19 – 1/13/19…
- The roasted radishes, that I thought looked absolutely drool worthy, ended up not tasting good to me. Bummer. That meant I was stuck eating something I didn’t like several times throughout the week. I toughed it out though!
- The orange teriyaki meatballs gave me the worst stomach ache. Another bummer. This was not something I was willing to tough out so I had to find substitute food to cover these meals. One of the soup recipes I had prepped made over what I originally needed so I was able to double up on soup. I’m so tired of soup haha
- Weight on 1/7/19: 162.4lbs Weight on 1/13/19: 158.8lbs Total Inflammation Lost: 3.6lbs It’s important to note here that I am not on the Autoimmune Protocol diet for weight loss, however, the scale is simply a tool to gauge that the inflammation and water retention I have from my Hypothyroidism is going in the right direction.
- Check out my habit tracker (pictured above)!! It is SO MOTIVATING to journal my AIP journey. I look forward to checking each action off that I successfully complete for the day. I did pretty good, didn’t I? 😉 You can go here to snag this AIP Meal Plan & Habit Tracker (blank) worksheet for yourself. You. Will. Love. It.
Meal Plan: 1/4/19 – 1/20/19…
I went out on Friday evening and bought everything I needed. The groceries are from Menards, Kroger, Walmart, the local Asian market and Amazon. I spent roughly $60 (after using coupons and shopping sales). The spices, flours, oils, cauli rice and maple syrup were items I already had on hand.
Here’s what’s on my new menu…
*Simply click on each meal title to be redirected to the recipe or product.
- “Oatmeal” + Detox Tea
- Banana Muffins + Detox Tea (I used green banana flour for my muffins since I didn’t have plantain flour. It still turned out great! Also, instead of mashing the bananas with a fork, I pulsed them in my magic bullet a bit.)
- Chicken Salad + Kiwa Chips (This recipe actually calls for tuna but I wasn’t in the mood for that so I used canned chicken instead. Also, I left out pepper since I don’t want to reintroduce it yet.)
- Dumplings with Dipping Sauce + sliced (on a mandolin) and salted cucumbers and radishes. (This dumplings recipe uses Bison but my store was out so I subbed in beef.)
- Barbacoa Chipotle Bowl (as toppings I’ll be using a big pinch of finely chopped cilantro, sliced olives, diced red onions, sliced radishes, arugula and Wholly Guacamole.)
- Pesto Chicken with sliced olives.
This particular meal plan has me incredibly excited to tackle another week of AIP! There’s nothing better than pulling delicious, healthy food right out of the fridge and simply warming it up.
Here’s an up close view of my menu items…
Aren’t those little 2 oz. condiment containers the cuuuuutest? I probably had a little too much fun loading them up with my dips and toppings. It’s the small things that keep me going with AIP. 😀
Hungry for more? “Like” my Facebook page! to catch the next Meal Plan + Prep post!
Happy meal prepping, fellow AIP-ers! ♥
Products I use and love:
Pro Vegetable and Onion Chopper by Mueller – I cannot recommend this tool enough!
Latest posts by Jordan (see all)
- Kiwa Vegetable Chips Mix Review (an AIP Snack!) - January 15, 2019
- AIP Meal Plan: 1/14/19 – 1/20/19 (Muffins, Barbacoa + More!) - January 13, 2019
- Healthy Fat & Fit 1,000 Facebook Fans GIVEAWAY!!!!! - January 11, 2019